Smoked Sockeye Spread
The holidays are a special time of the year. As the days get shorter, we find ourselves spending more time gathered around the kitchen table, eating delicious food, and exchanging stories with loved ones. What makes these holiday dinners even better is a decadent appetizer, but sometimes the extra effort seems like too much work. I hear you - which is why I put together this smoked salmon spread recipe. It requires less than 15 minutes of your time, but tastes so delicious your guests will think you spent hours. Give it a try for your next holiday gathering or indulge in a bowl for yourself (we won't tell).
P.S. It tastes great on a toasted bagel too.
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce
- 1/2 package wild bay smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined. Serve with your favorite crackers or spread over a bagel and enjoy!