There was a time when people knew who grew their produce, butchered their meat, and caught their seafood. Now you can once again, know your fisherman.
Wild Bay Seafood Company traces its origins back to 1997, the year we purchased the fishing vessel, “Maggie Lynn” named after our only daughter – Maggie. Located in Gig Harbor, Washington, we are a small family fishing operation with only our son and daughter on deck. Every summer we fish commercially for wild sockeye salmon in Bristol Bay, Alaska, and in the fall and winter months we direct market our catch. We began selling only to local restaurants and specialty grocers, but now that same high quality fish is available to you.
Bristol Bay is the world’s largest sockeye salmon fishery, responsibly managed by the state of Alaska to maintain sustainability. No other fishery matches the standard of sustainability set by Bristol Bay. All of the seafood that we offer is wild and sustainable, so you can take care of your health while benefiting the health of the planet.
- Every summer we fish in Bristol Bay, Alaska for wild sockeye salmon.
- You will receive only our catch, and seafood caught from other independent fishermen like us.
- It is challenging to find quality seafood in most grocers, and impossible to know who caught it.
- Our fish remains in our care and safekeeping from harvest until it is delivered to you.
Sustainability is Key.
- We support Alaska's strict management of the unique watershed and fishery in Bristol Bay, Alaksa
- You can have peace of mind knowing that every fish you receive from us is both sustainable and wild.
We catch our sockeye in the Naknek and Kvichak rivers of Bristol Bay, Alaska. Take a peek at the map below to see where the fish is harvested!